学习啦【实用英语】 编辑：桂香 发布时间：2017-08-08 12:18:56
vt.种植; 扩大; 扩展; 增加;
vi.生长; 渐渐变得; 逐渐开始;
1. As it grew too dim, the umpire decided to postpone the decisive game in this semifinal to tomorrow
2. He is a penny pincher because he grew up in a poor family.
3. Clyde would not agree to her proposal and grew more irritable and worried.
4. The plot to kill the President grew out of the inordinate ambition of a few colonels.
5. He grew a beard after he broke up with his girl friend.
6. Around in the crevices of the rocks grew a few dwarf oaks and thick bushes of myrtles
7. An important new industry, oil refining, grew after the Civil War.
8. Around the crevices of the rocks grew a few dwarf oaks and thick bushes of myrtles.
9. The trees grew more and more in groves, with heathy places in between, sandy, gorsy, and dotted with old yews
10. Mrs. Tremaine grew more and more worried at his pallid face and stertorous breathing
1. This club has grown in stature over the last 20 years.
2. Dorset, of late, had grown more than usually morose and incalculable
3. You needn't truckle to your aunt like that,you are a grown woman now.
4. As he had grown extremely fond of London, he cursed the flatness of exile
5. By my rambling digression, I perceive myself to be grown old
6. The quahog clam when half - grown and of comparatively small size.
7. As the tumor had grown, it had compressed the nerves leading to Julian's anus and legs, causing itching and pain
8. At that time, I had already grown up. When I saw my mother
9. His thin dark face had become animated, his eyes had lost their mocking expression and grown almost dreamy
10. Her shopping had tired her and her basket had grown heavier with every step of the way home.